Here's a simple "How-to:" on how to correctly change your tax rates when needed:
- Make sure all computers on the network are out of Retail Pro before you start.
- Go into Options> System Preferences.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to "Taxes"
- Find the area you want to change in the drop-down box under "Tax Area"
- For the taxable code (usually #1), Change the settings as shown in the screen shot, but the rate should be whatever the correct rate is
- Click Save
- Follow these steps for each of the Tax Areas that need to be changed.
- Always click Save when done